44 F 31 (Rossi 368)

This codex was produced in Lombardy in the last quarter of the 14th century by a scribe who signs as “Ianes de Parma gente lumbarda”, likely a Franciscan friar. A 15th- century owner of the manuscript, Frate Gabriele da San Giuliano, was also a member of the Franciscan order. The monastery of San Giuliano was founded in 1415 just outside the walls of L’Aquila. Another 16th-century owner remains anonymous, as the signature on folio 1r is illegible.

Scroll to Top